Due to multiple students failing to attend events after RSVP’ing through Google forms (official method), SCMA is implementing a “Attendance Policy”.
To ensure all members will be given the same opportunities to all SCMA events, any unexcused absence within 24 hours of an SCMA event of which a member has RSVP’ed for will result in a warning to the absent member via email. This will be the only warning. It is difficult to execute SCMA events if members do not show up as they have promised by an RSVP. If a particular member continues to have an unexcused absence without proper notification to the SCMA Executive Board within 24 hours, he/she will be blacklisted from attending all future SCMA events, with exception to the Career Fairs, for the academic year. This rule will be strictly enforced to ensure a better quality event for all SCMA members.
Active Member Policies and Guidelines
- ALL members will be considered for the active member program once SCMA membership is confirmed.
- Point distribution per semester is as follows:
- Speaker Series: 20 pts. each
- Social Events: 10 pts. each
- Career Workshop / Mock Interviews or Resume Critique: 15 pts.
- Site Tours: 15 pts. each
- Local Case Competition: 50 pts.
- Mentoring Program: (bonus points) points considered based on completion of the program
- Community Service Events (bonus points): 20 pts. each
- Helping out at various SCMA events (bonus points): points vary depending on the event
- Members will be given benefits and acknowledgement for achieving and maintaining the targeted participation percentage points.
- The top 5 active members of the academic year (i.e. Fall & Spring) will be provided complimentary free membership for the next upcoming academic year.
- Members who receive approximately 60% of the total points per the academic year will receive a complementary SCMA gift and dinner on SCMA.
- Active members are eligible to receive an Active Member Stoles at the end of their senior year – on the conditions they maintain their Active Member status throughout the year.
- Members who signed up for events must be present for the time slot they have selected (i.e. Career Fair Workshops, Mock Interviews, and etc). Members who fail to do so without legitimate reasons or earlier notification (at least 24 hours) will not receive their points and a 10-point reduction will be applied.
- Allowances are given to members with special conditions or conditions that are accepted by the Faculty Advisors and Executive Board Members. (All conditions that are filed need to be kept by the Vice President of Administration for future references)
- Allowable conditions include and are not limited to: work or schedule conflicts with meeting or event times, issues regarding acceptance into the SCM program, etc. (Each member’s condition will be evaluated and the target percentage point will be determined according to the conditions).
- Acknowledgement of participation in SCMA as active members that contribute to the association and the society (i.e. can be written on resumes etc.)
- An “Active Member List” will be kept by the Executive Board of SCMA and will be accessible by various organizations, firms and companies as an acknowledgement of participation in the association.
- Temporary conditions for program pilot
- If a particular member does not graduate by the anticipated date, i.e. by end of Fall Semester, member will have to abide by the common policies and guidelines for receiving benefits from the Active Members Program.
- Allowances are also considered for students in this category.
- The membership fee of $55 covers entire year (Fall & Spring semester)
- No refunds are issued once registered.
- You must be an undergraduate ASU student to be an ASU-SCMA member.
- The Career Fair fees are refundable within 7 business days after payment (With the exception of rule #2)
- Fees are non-refundable within 30 business days of the SCMA Career Fair.
For any questions, please contact us through the CONTACT tab.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store, and use the following information:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, including name, email address, payment information, school info, and career fair requests.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
What we do with the information
- All information collected and stored are used for the purpose to facilitate student activities, including speaker series, site tours, career fairs, and any other event hosted by the ASU-Supply Chain Management Association.
Membership Polo Policy
All members must pick up their polo during the time they were a paying member within SCMA. As a member, it is your responsibility to pick up your polo during your membership time in SCMA (during the current academic year, August-May). We provide many opportunities through our weekly Sunday newsletter for members to receive their polo for every academic school year, in both the fall and spring semesters. If you are a member graduating in December, you must pick up your polo during the Fall semester while you are still an undergraduate ASU student. Any questions regarding picking up a polo or office hours availability needs to be addressed during the academic year, while still a paid SCMA member. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.